Everyone has unconscious biases – that’s how our brains work! But while fast thinking can make our brains more efficient, it can also be detrimental in a diverse working environment if we make snap judgements about our colleagues.
Bias Busters organizes several events to raise awareness around implicit biases. These events include:
- Workshops: discuss implicit bias, stereotype threat, and how bystander intervention can help interrupt bias
- Reading groups: read literature about biases and their societal implications
- Movie nights: watch socially engaging movies (like “I am not Your Negro”, “Hidden Figures”)
- Reframing Tech Speaker series: speakers offer their perspective on the problems underlying lack of diversity in tech and discuss actions everyone can take to make changes
- Certification: impactful leaders of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging on campus work with us to become certified as responsible members of the campus community
Nothing from July 12, 2021 to August 12, 2021.